In order to register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be 18 years of age by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Voter registration forms
Download and print the form you need below. Be sure to print all information neatly so it can be clearly understood.
The form above can be used to:
- Register to vote in New York State. Note: You must register at least 25 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- Change your name and/or address.
- Enroll in a political party or change your enrollment.
Voter registration deadlines for the Nov. 4, 2014 general election
|Primary Election – Sept. 9, 2014|
|In Person:||Applications must be received no later than Aug. 15.|
|Mail:||Applications must be postmarked no later than Aug. 15 and be received by the Board of Elections no later than Aug. 20|
|General Election - Nov. 4, 2014|
|In Person:||Applications must be received no later than Oct. 10, except if you have been honorably discharged from the military or have become a naturalized citizen since Oct. 10. If so, you may register in person at the Board of Elections up until Oct. 24.|
|Mail:||Applications must be postmarked no later than Oct. 10 and be received by the Board of Elections no later than Oct. 15.|
Note: All changes of party enrollment go into effect once a year. They must be filed 25 days prior to the general election and will go into effect seven days after the general election of that year.
For additional information, visit the New York State Board of Elections.